In the 5th of September, Chinese company Xiaomi has chosen to unveil not only one, but two, interesting smart devices. The first is the rumored and much-awaited third iteration of Xiaomi’s popular smartphone, the Xiaomi 3. But a surprise guest star has also arrived in the form of a 3D-capable smart TV, currently dubbed as the MiTV, for lack of a better name.
Xiaomi may not ring any bells in majority of the international markets, but it has gathered quite a following back at home in China, with the success of its MiPhone line of smartphones and the recently announced “Red Rice” Hongmi smartphone. But with the announcement of Google’s Hugo Barra leaving the Android maker to work for Xiaomi, the tech world is sure to cast more attention on what the company is offering, such as today’s new devices.
Xiaomi Mi3 Specifications:
- 13 megapixel, Sony stacked camera. F2.2 diaphragm; 28mm wide angle; 5 specially made lenses, blue glass infrared filter
- Philips double LED flash, increased the brightness by 30% consuming the same power
- 5 inches 1080P super sensitive touch screen; 441PPI/IPS Full View/OGS single glass full fitting technology, allowing you to control the touchscreen when your finger is wet or you’re wearing gloves
- Using two top platforms. NVIDIA Tegra4/Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974AB
- NVIDIA Tegra4, quad-core 1.8G A15/72-core GeForce GPU (TD-SCDMA Model)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974AB, quad-core 2.3FG/ Krait400/Adreno 330 (WCDMA Model)
- 2GB RAM LPDDR3, 16GB flash storage eMMC4.5
- 3050mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Six-colored protection cover
- Dimension: 144mm×72mm×8.1mm. Weight: 145g;
- Camera comes with Intelligent beauty corrector. It can also identify age and gender.
- The GPS can preserve the satellite trajectory for 7 days.
- Immersion vibration
Xiaomi also unveiled today a 47-inch 3D Smart TV, powered by a 1.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor and an Adreno 320 graphics chip. It uses 2 GB of RAM and has 8 GB of internal storage. Just like the MiPhone 3, the MiTV makes use of the MIUI custom Android interface. The TV has support for numerous streaming technologies such as Miracast, WiDi, AirPlay, DLNA, SMB, and more. The unit also has Bluetooth 4.0 support for wireless controllers and Bluetooth headsets.The MiTV also comes with a set-top box for cable TV support. And of course, it has support for 3D display and comes with two 3D glasses.
Xiaomi MiTV Specifications:
- The super narrow frame is only 8.4mm
- Thickness ranges from 2cm to 4.8cm
- Aluminum alloy front panel
- LED light + Touch-control switch
- Used LG & Samsung as screen supplier
- SVA screen & IPS hard screen. Higg transmittance, saving power by 10%. Full view 3D
- Fantastic speaker, independent separated resonate chamber, supporting DOLBY and DTS
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 MPQ8064 processer. CPU Quad Krait quad-core 1.7G. GPU Adreno 320
- 2GB double channel DDR3 RAM. 8GB eMMC 4.41 ROM
- WIFI double frequency 2.4GHz/5GHz. 2×2 double antenna.
- Cast pictures, videos, and music from Xiaomi phones/iPhone/iPad/computers to TV via WIFI
- Support bluetooth 4.0
- Ordaniry smart TVs = A TV + A smart box. v.s. Xiaomi MiTV = the basic TV function is part of the entire system
- The remote control only has 11 buttons.
- Using the up/down button to change channels. Using the select button to see programmes of a channel. Using the right button for channels preview, the left button for
- History/Favorites/Most watched.
- Xiaomi MiTV comes with a set top box. You don’t need another remote control for it.
The Xiaomi 3 carries a price tag of 1999 yuan, or $327, for the 16 GB unit while the 64 GB model sells for $408. The Xiaomi 3D Smart TV, on the other hand, costs around 2999 yuan, roughly $490. The devices will be available in Chinese Market in Mid-October and for the rest of the world Xiaomi 3 is available for preorder on iBuyGou.com . Unfortunately MiTV will not be available for the rest of the world.
If you like my videos please Subscribe to my channel.
Sources: http://en.miui.com/ , http://www.slashgear.com