In this tutorial for Cr0w’s Place we are going to see how to generate a wordlist / dictionary file in Kali Linux, with a different tool, called CUPP. The difference is that this tool uses questions related to the victim, to produce a personalized wordlist for him/her. It is a really useful and effective tool, and it has also been shown in Mr. Robot series.
CUPP is a very powerful tool that creates a wordlist specifically for a person. CUPP is cross platform and written in Python. CUPP asks us questions about the target (name, wife’s name, pet’s name…) and then creates a password based on the keywords we entered.
To install it, go to a folder with a terminal window and type:
git clone https://github.com/Mebus/cupp.git
After this, and into the newly created cupp folder, we start the program like this:
- cupp -i
- -h this menu
- -i Interactive questions for user password profiling
- -w Use this option to profile existing dictionary, or WyD.pl output to make some pwnsauce 🙂
- -l Download huge wordlists from repository
- -a Parse default usernames and passwords directly from Alecto DB. Project Alecto uses purified databases of Phenoelit and CIRT which where merged and enhanced.
- -v Version of the program
If you like my job please Subscribe.
Thank You For Watching.:)