Previously, we talked about the process I followed to get awarded with a student scholarship on BlackHat Europe 2016. As I told you, I followed the application process and I answered the required questions, as I showed you in part 1.
In this post, I will show you the acceptance email that I received in my inbox, ~40 days after my application.
Congratulations, you have been awarded a complimentary Student Scholarship to attend Black Hat Europe 2016 in London. Black Hat Europe is the most technical and relevant global information security event in the world. For more than 19 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends in a strictly vendor-neutral environment. This is an outstanding opportunity for students to learn from and network with some of the most talented researchers and practitioners working in InfoSec today.
Event: Black Hat Europe Briefings
Date: November 3 and November 4, 2016
Location: Business Design Centre, London
Requirements: In order to register for your complimentary Student Pass, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of the event
- Must provide copy of verifiable proof of full-time academic status at an accredited college or university (copy of class schedule or syllabus)
- Must provide copy of valid and current college/university ID card
- You must be able to provide your own travel to and accommodations in London —these are not included
- Submit your materials on or before September 30, 2016.
Please reply to this email with the required information and we will set up your registration. If you have any questions or need any more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations on your nomination, and we hope you will be able to join us at Black Hat Europe this year.
The Black Hat Team
The email came from the address email@example.com.